Candy Crush is a video game for smartphones and Facebook that was released on November 14, 2012.
It was developed by King.com.
As of March 2013, “Candy Crush Saga” surpassed FarmVille 2 as the most popular game on Facebook, with 45.6 million average monthly users.
It is a variation on their browser game Candy Crush
Each level has a different shaped grid filled with candies of three to six different colors and sometimes obstacles. The basic move of the game consists of swapping two candies’ positions to align sets of three of the same color, whereupon they disappear, causing candies above them to collapse into the space left behind, often resulting in chain reactions. Moves and alignments must be horizontal/vertical. The level’s objectives must be met before the player runs out of moves (or time on timed levels); in each case, the player must earn enough points to get the first star (mimo 3) in the scoring system. There are five different types of levels that define what is candy crush?:
- Moves: The player is given a set number of moves and must meet the minimum score before running out of moves.
- Jelly: Some if not all of the candies on the board are encased in “jelly” and the player must match the candies to eliminate one or two layers of jelly from the board using a set number of moves.
- Ingredients: Special unmatchable game pieces (cherries and chestnuts) appear on the board and the player must clear the pieces beneath them to get them to a delivery point using a set number of moves. A menu appears on screen to tell the player how many ingredients are needed to win the game.
- Time Limited: The player must reach the 1 star score within a set time limit. Special pieces appear on the board to add time to the clock.
- Candy Order: The player must collect a specific number of colored candies, special candies, or special candy combinations using a set number of moves.